Outpatient On Wheels
- Do you have pain and weakness but cannot get to Physical Therapy because it is too difficult to manage?
- Have you had close calls at home and are worried you may fall?
- Have you limited how much you drive and rely on friends and family for most appointments?
- Have you tried to exercise at home but feel you aren’t quite getting it right?
We Have A Solution For You!
Outpatient On Wheels: At-Home Physical Therapy Can Relieve Your Pain Naturally
Our Outpatient On Wheel Program can get you the help you need in the comfort of your own home. We understand that it is not always easy to go out for therapy. We understand the following issues may occur:
- It may be difficult for some of our patients to drive to appointments because either they have given up driving and don’t want to rely on family and friends or they are not comfortable on the road besides going to the grocery store.
- We also understand that the home environment is where most falls occur and that there is a need for a professional therapist to evaluate the environment and make the necessary recommendations to improve safety.
- Another consideration our Outpatient on Wheels program understands is that a patient’s home exercise program happens at the house so it is best to see our patients performing it in their own environment thus ensuring it is done properly.
A healthy, strong, and active lifestyle is what everyone strives for. However, it is not always easy to obtain, especially for those suffering from chronic pain. The very thought of going out and exercising with your aches and pains may leave you feeling uncomfortable. However, there is, fortunately, a simpler solution to gaining the active lifestyle you desire. Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center can help you achieve desirable levels of health and fitness, all while reducing your pain. If you are looking for a healthier, stronger, and more active lifestyle, request an appointment today!
How do I begin?
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes work, but once you get into the groove of it, it becomes much easier. For example, eating nutritious foods is one of the easiest ways to improve your health (although we know those sweets are hard to kick.) Physical activity is the hardest aspect to get in the habit of doing, especially if you are being held back by chronic pain. Some people try to mask their symptoms with anti-inflammatory or pain-relieving medications, while others, unfortunately, give up on the idea of being active altogether. Luckily, there is an alternative option: aquatic physical therapy and aquatic occupational therapy. With the help from one of our physical and occupational therapist, it is possible to reclaim your pain-free, healthy lifestyle, and get back to doing the activities you love.
Our Outpatient On Wheels program focuses on:
Aspects of our Freedom From Falls Program incorporated and adapted to suit the home environment and reduce the risk for falls.
Home Safety Education and Reducing Risk From Falls
- Evaluation of falls hazards
- Adaptive equipment recommendations to enhance safety
- Safety education to ensure the right decisions are being made on a daily basis
Endurance and Muscle Strengthening
- Home exercise training
- A total body approach designed to increase tolerance to everyday activities
- Gait training to improve walking patterns, safety and community mobility distances
- Energy conservation education for techniques designed to maximize energy expended during everyday tasks
You do not need to be homebound to qualify for home services under Medicare outpatient part B guidelines or meet the criteria under commercial insurance.
In the end, an active lifestyle is more than possible, even if you struggle with chronic pain. If you are looking to improve your health, strength, and physical activity, look no further – we are here to help. Schedule an appointment at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center today and get started on your journey toward better health and wellness!