Aquatic Therapy in Port Charlotte, FL
Aquatic Therapy at Freedom Rehab Aquatic and Balance Center
- Are you frustrated with pain or weakness?
- Is walking, bending and standing getting more difficult?
- Is it getting more difficult to do housework or go grocery shopping?
- Have you tried everything to solve these problems and nothing has worked?
WE AT FREEDOM REHAB AQUATIC THERAPY AND BALANCE CENTER have the perfect solution!
- Water reduces weight bearing on your joints and spine making exercise pain free and enjoyable.
- Our talented staff are skilled, licensed therapists that will focus your total body exercise program to reduce your pain
- Our aquatic therapy program will improve your endurance, muscle strength and balance
When things are easier and less painful you can start enjoying your life again!
Back pain protocol:
We at freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center believe the water’s magical properties are perfectly suited to treat back pain. When you are in chest deep water you are only 20 percent weightbearing on your spine. This makes exercising your back muscles pain free and enjoyable. We target the core heavily in our deep water segment of our program while the patient is wearing a floatation belt and holding dumbbells. If needed, a gentle spinal traction can be applied, thus decreasing the pressure between the vertebrae often present in the spine.
Balance program in the water:
We at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center believe strongly in the benefits of addressing balance in the water. When performing traditional land based balance exercises in the water the risk of injury is not present. If you fall on land you may incur injuries such as a hip fracture. In the water, not only are you supported with a floatation belt, you have the safety of the water if you lose your balance. If you stumble you will simply get wet. Our therapists can identify at risk patients and provide hands on assistance when needed.
Endurance and muscle strengthening program in the water
We at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center understand that a large number of our patients haven’t exercised in quite some time. When you are exercising in the water you are given various degree of resistance dumbbells. Using the natural viscosity or resistance of the water provides excellent strengthening of upper and lower body muscles. Our program at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center lasts upwards of one hour. We are working your whole body in the water so a person’s cardiovascular system becomes stronger as the sessions add up.