We at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center have created a comprehensive approach to all aspects of physical wellbeing. We’ve got answers to ….
- how you can get well
- stay healthy
- reduce pain
- reduce your risk of falling
Our programs are:
1. Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic Therapy has our very popular back pain protocol, our needed aquatic balance training program, and our all-encompassing strength and endurance training program. Aquatic Therapy helps with core strengthening, supports the spine, helps to relieve knee, back, and hip problems, and helps with pressure. The non-weight bearing water takes the pressure off the back and helps with balance to ensure a safe session. The exercises performed in the water mimic exercises done on land, but the water helps to provide a safe surrounding.
- Back pain protocol: The water reduces weight bearing on your joints and spine making exercise pain free and enjoyable
- Aquatic balance program: When performing balance exercises in the water you reduce the risk of falls with an injury that you could face on land.
- Endurance and training program: Water’s magical properties including viscosity provides resistance throughout the entire movement creating a natural resistance. This in combination with using various exercise equipment provides a total body work out.
- Bad Ragaz Ring Method Program: An aquatic program where the patient is supported with floatation devices on all four extremities, trunk, and neck. Provides a gentle way to strengthen and stretch the body
2. Outpatient on Wheels program
Our home-based program consists of in-home aquatic therapy, home safety, and energy conservation education, land-based endurance and muscle strengthening, gait training, and our land-based Freedom From Falls balance training program which has been adapted to suit your home environment.
OPOW offers in-home services including:
- Home safety education to reduce fall risk
- Endurance and muscle strengthening
- Energy conservation training
- Gait training
- Aquatic therapy in your pool
3. Freedom From Falls program
Our comprehensive land-based balance training program that offers the following solutions; improves balance and steadiness, reduces lightheadedness and dizziness, and reduces your fear and risk of falling. This program is offered for in-house balance training and in-clinic training.
The land-based balance program Freedom From Falls includes the following solutions:
- Improves balance, steadiness
- Reduces lightheadedness and dizziness
- Reduces the fear of falling
- Decreases pain associated with walking
- Increases independence with activities of daily living and makes your home environment safer
Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center is here for YOU. We have been serving our local communities since 2016 with sophisticated diagnostic methods, such as movement investigation, to help determine which services you will benefit from most. Our thorough evaluations lead to successful treatment plans for your pain relief, healing, and future injury prevention needs.
Our experienced team of physical and occupational therapists offer specialized treatment services for any pain, injury, or discomfort you may be feeling. In addition, our patients have found high levels of success in our treatment services, due to our implementation of advanced technology and methods.
Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy and Balance Center, helping one patient at a time
The only mission we have at Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center is to assist residents in Port Charlotte, North Port, Venice and Englewood, FL, with excellence in physical and occupational water therapy. When you bear less of your body weight moving in a pool of water, you are quicker to heal. Treatment plans are individualized for each patient and are aimed toward the achievement of your goals.
When you arrive, one of our physical and occupational therapists will design a treatment plan just for you, taking into account your symptoms, medical history, and any health restrictions you may have.
At Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center, we look forward to watching you achieve your recovery, health and fitness goals! With our care and commitment, we know that it is possible to help anyone who walks through our doors, one patient at a time.
Ready to get started?
At the end of the day, Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center is here to provide support to you, every step along the way. Our success is dependent upon your success, and we strive to create a warm, welcoming environment where you can comfortably heal.
If you are in the North Port, Venice or Englewood area, or any of the surrounding areas, and you are looking for relief, look no further. Freedom Rehab Aquatic Therapy & Balance Center is here to help as one of the most favored aquatic physical therapy, aquatic occupational therapy, and balance training specialists.
Call our office at (941) 400-1505 or click here to schedule an appointment with one of our physical and occupational therapists today. We will be happy to meet with you and create a treatment plan for your journey toward health, healing, and pain relief.